This Policy explains, how K-meta (“Service”, “we”) collects, processes and protects personal information when you use the Service.
Any personal information shared through K-meta.com is kept absolutely private. We ensure that no personal information will be shared with any other company or agency except our service providers, such as SMTP infrastructure providers and payment processors or resellers performing services on our behalf. These service providers may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but are not permitted to share or use such information for any other purposes.
Secure online payments are provided by FastSpring (http://www.fastspring.com).
We retain information relative to your registration data. During one's first visit to K-meta.com, a cookie is sent to the user's computer that uniquely identifies his/her browser. (A "cookie" is a small file containing a string of characters that is sent to one's computer when he/she visits a website.) We only use this cookie to identify your session.
We use analytics tools and other third-party technologies, such as Google Analytics, to collect non-personal information in the form of various user metrics when you use our online Service. These tools and technologies collect and analyze certain types of information, including cookies, IP addresses, device and software identifiers, referring and exit URLs, on-site behavior and usage information, feature use metrics and statistics, usage and purchase history, MAC addresses, mobile unique device IDs, and other similar information. We take all necessary security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure, or destruction of our data. Employees who need to access account information to operate, develop or improve our Service or assist customers are only provided restricted access to any personal information.
Service users acknowledge and agree that our Service may access, preserve, and disclose your account information and content if required to do so by law or in good faith and belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (a) comply with the legal process; (b) enforce the TOS; (c) respond to claims that any content violates the rights of third parties; (d) respond to requests for customer service; or (e) protect the rights, property, or personal safety of K-meta, its users, and/or the public.
We do not sell or trade your personal data to outside parties. We do share some data with service providers for processing payments, sending emails, storing data and hosting our main and backup services. All third parties we share personal data with are compliant with GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation).
We may release your information when we believe it is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect our or others’ rights, property or safety.
We ask for and collect the following personal information about you, necessary for the use of the Service, when you use it:
- Account Information. When you sign up for the Service to create a user account ("K-meta Account"), we require certain information such as your email address, if you choose to sign up through Facebook or Google+ your public profile data (such as first and last name) and email address will be retrieved.
- Automatically collected information from your use of the Service. When you use the Service, we automatically collect information, including personal information, about the services you use and how you use them. This information is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract between you and us, to enable us to comply with legal obligations and given our legitimate interest in being able to provide and improve the functionalities of the Services.
- Device and Connection Information. We collect information about your computer or other devices you use to access the Services. This device information includes your connection type and settings when you install, access, update, or use the Service. We also collect information through your device about your operating system, browser type, IP address, URLs of referring/exit pages. We use your IP address and/or country preference in order to approximate your location to provide you with a better Service experience and to fulfil our legal and fiscal obligations.
- Payment Transaction Information. K-meta may collect information related to your payment transactions through Fastspring, such as email address, first name and last name, address.
- For mailing we use MailChimp service. Personal Data it operates are email address, first name and last name.
We generally retain your personal information for as long as is necessary for the performance of the contract between you and us and to comply with our legal obligations. If you no longer want us to use your information during the provision of the Services to you, you can request that we erase your personal information and close your K-meta Account. In this case your information will be erased within 72 (seventy two) hours. Please note that if you request the erasure of your personal information:
- We may retain some of your personal information as necessary for our legitimate business interests, such as fraud detection and prevention and enhancing safety within 7 (seven) years in accordance with applicable legislation. - We may retain and use your personal information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations. For example, we may keep some of your information for tax, legal reporting and auditing obligations within 7 (seven) years in accordance with applicable legislation.
- Because we maintain the Services to protect from accidental or malicious loss and destruction, residual copies of your personal information may not be removed from our backup systems for a limited period of time (no more then 3 months).